New imito calibration markers for direct wound measurement
This summer, we’ve asked our users opinion on our new Calibration Marker - thanks to everyone again for the valuable input!
Here are the results and the actions we’ve taken:
- The marker performance for more than 90% of respondents was rated Good (4/6), Very Good (5/6) or Excellent (6/6).
- In comparison with our old markers, 85% think that our new marker is performing better, just 15% think they are performing equally.
- These are the most frequent awaited improvements:
- Increase detection distance,
- Improve detection speed,
- Improve detection in low-light environments.
We took this input seriously and worked on improving those three elements.
First of all, it’s important to mention that the median size of measured wounds with our apps (width and length) is approximately between 2 and 3 cm, our largest wound being sized up to around 20 cm. As we needed to find a good balance between detection speed and detection distance, we estimated that supporting a maximal 60 cm distance between the wound and the camera is enough to support the largest wounds (this corresponds roughly to be able to take a calibrated picture of a full A4 paper sheet).
Based on that, we worked to improve the detection speed, and our iOS users will definitely notice a big improvement here 🚀
We also added the ability to capture pictures using the volume buttons of your device, making it easier to trigger the image-capturing by using only one hand.